Something is causing mysterious circles to appear in the cornfields of Canfield Farm. And someone, or something, has obviously terrified Barry Cansfield. But when friends Ben and Midge sneak out to the farm to investigate, they discover a secret more terrifying than they could possibly have imagined.
Short Review E.R.Murray delivers an action packed follow up to her Nine Lives Trilogy book 1 ‘The Book of Learning’ with the breathtakingly brilliant ‘The Book of Shadows’. We journey with Ebony again as she tries to continue her quest, but this time there are more baddies, more adventure, more gadgets, more fabulous characters and… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: The Book of Shadows by E.R. Murray
- Short Review - Sarah Maria Griffin opens up ‘Spare and Found Parts’ with three rules: 1.) The sick in the Pale, the healed in the Pasture. 2.) Contribute, at all cost. 3.) All code is blasphemy. With these three rules Griffin has set up all the parts needed for a great Frankenstein/coming of age story.… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Spare And Found Parts by Sarah Maria Griffin
- Short Review - From the award winning author Kiran Millwood Hargrave of ‘The Girl of Ink & Stars’ comes her much anticipated follow up novel ‘The Island at the End of Everything’ and what a book it is. A kaleidoscopic depiction of a young girls struggles on the Island of Culion in 1906. An island that is both… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: The Island at the End of Everything by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
- Short Review - Tuesdays Are Just As Bad is a fascinating book, from the vibrant eye catching cover through to the very last page, the book sucks you in and doesn’t let go. It’s a young adult book that explores and enables its readers to feel that they are not alone, that depression is not… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Tuesdays Are Just As Bad by Cethan Leahy
– Short Review – This book is a whirlwind – fast paced, gripping and building on the world that Ness so delicately nurtured in the first book 'The Knife of Never Letting Go' also reviewed here by STORGY KIDS. Todd’s world is changed forever when he makes a deal with the Devil Mayor Prentiss (President Prentiss)… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: The Ask And The Answer by Patrick Ness
- Short Review - Mouse Bird Snake Wolf is one of the most beautifully constructed graphic novels I have ever had the opportunity to read. The story in itself is a wonderfully crafted delight, it's concept and execution by David Almond is masterful as you would expect, which highlights the impact of the story. The… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Mouse Bird Snake Wolf by David Almond illustrated by Dave McKean