- Short Review - Imagine Beauty and the Beast, set in Scandinavia, with added trolls and you have the wonderful mythical tale that is "North Child". The heroine of the tale is sacrificed to a White Bear by her superstitious mother, in exchange for the family's prosperity and to heal her sister Sara. However there… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: North Child by Edith Pattou
- Short Review - The Extinction Trials: Rebel is a fabulous end to the franchise, as Wilson delves deep into the dystopian locker to bring us a world on the brink of collapse and which threatens to take the last hope for mankind with it. The stage has dramatically set in the first couple of chapters… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: The Extinction Trials: Rebel by S.M. Wilson
I have had the great pleasure this year of reading some of the finest children's fiction around. I've also dabbled in reading some classics too and with having two young children it has been a delight in discovering the next big series or book that I can put on the shelf and share with them… Continue reading BEST BOOKS: Ross Jeffery picks his best books of 2018
We had the great pleasure to interview S.A. Patrick about his new book 'A Darkness of Dragons' - which is a fabulous piece of fiction. Check out our review if you need some clarification! This book is going to explode onto the scene and help to prop up a generation of children and young people… Continue reading INTERVIEW: S.A. Patrick
- Short Review - A Darkness of Dragons is shear brilliance in children's fiction. I have not been this excited about a children's series of books since a pubescent wizard called Harry Potter first leapt onto the scene. Usborne have unearthed a fabulous author and book that is a real game changer - S.A. Patrick's… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: A Darkness of Dragons by S.A. Patrick
Polly longs to become an explorer. But in 1914, women's rights and choices are limited – something twelve-year-old Polly learns when she befriends her new neighbours: two suffragettes, fighting for women's rights to vote.
This is a nice introduction to the big stories of the Arthurian legends. Perfect for a reluctant reader or lover of comic books.
- Author Summary - Imogen White won her place in the SCBWI Undiscovered Voices 2014 Anthology with the opening to The Rose Muddle Mysteries. Imogen loves using elements of local history in her books, and favours adventure stories based in towns and cities. Her stories are full of friendship, dark magic, colourful characters and twisty-turny… Continue reading INTERVIEW: Imogen White
- Quick Review - Another magical detective adventure with Rose and Rui for 8 to 10-year olds. Set in exotic India, Rose thinks she’s landed on her feet now she’s the official companion to Rui the Maharajah of Jaipur's nephew. However, even on the train to Jaipur things start to go wrong. Rose and Rui… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW – The Rose Muddle Mysteries: The Secret Ruby by Imogen White
- Short Review - A magical detective mystery story, perfect for 8 to 10-year old's. A piece of real archaeology brought to life, in a fast-paced story with a great female character, Rose Muddle. This book has a particularly great ending that'll leave you wanting to read the next in the series. Other books… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW – The Rose Muddle Mysteries: The Amber Pendant by Imogen White