- Short Review - "Sea Witch Rising" is the follow up to "Sea Witch" - a loose re-imagining of the Hans Christian Andersen tale "The Little Mermaid". Both books merge a mixture of land based magic, underwater worlds of mermaids and seemingly impossible loves. "Sea Witch Rising" adds a whole new element though with the… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Sea Witch Rising by Sarah Henning
- Short Review - In the age of increasing environmental awareness this is an absolute joy of a book. The story of Sorrel and the "Surprising Seeds" she finds in her back garden. Seeds which struggle to sprout until she sprinkles them on her head - before she knows it the whole town is growing… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Bloom by Nicola Skinner
Bad Nana: All the Fun of the Fair Bad Nana: All The Fun of the Fair is the second book in the Bad Nana series by superstar author and illustrator, Sophy Henn. This new laugh-out-loud story follows Jeanie and Bad Nana on their annual family trip to the town fair and is gorgeously illustrated in… Continue reading COMPETITION TIME!
- Short Review - The chances are that anyone considering "Bedlam" is already familiar with the Skulduggery Pleasant series. This epic volume gives us more of the same mix of humour, magic and in-fighting that we're used to. In amongst trying to protect us mortals from an attack this instalment also sees Valkyrie trying to… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Bedlam by Derek Landy
- Short Review - A charming tale to celebrate 30 years of Percy the park keeper and his animal friends. They're all enjoying a game of hide 'n' seek one day but fox is struggling to find a good hiding place. When he breaks the rules and enters Percy's workshop he comes to a sticky… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: One Springy Day by Nick Butterworth
- Short Review - Mr Dog is a bit of a free spirit (stray). He's a fun seeker but a kind soul. When a rabbit friend gets trapped he steps in to look after her three babies and aims to get them all reunited again. What follows is an adventure where they find out what's… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Mr Dog and the Rabbit Habit by Ben Fogle
- Short Review - We’ve all lost things. A pencil, maybe. Or a sock. But have you ever lost an entire day of the week? That’s what happens in the magical world of Starfell, when last Tuesday suddenly disappears from memory. Willow Moss, a shy young witch whose not-very-exciting magical power (compared to those of… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Starfell: Willow Moss and the Lost Day by Dominique Valente