- Short Review - "Sea Witch Rising" is the follow up to "Sea Witch" - a loose re-imagining of the Hans Christian Andersen tale "The Little Mermaid". Both books merge a mixture of land based magic, underwater worlds of mermaids and seemingly impossible loves. "Sea Witch Rising" adds a whole new element though with the… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Sea Witch Rising by Sarah Henning
- Short Review - Being a princess can be pretty dull. Even if you live in the kingdom of Biscotti and are surrounded by magical things it can become a bit samey after a while. Princess Avariella Petulia Winifred Pandoro D'Allessandro of Biscotti is bored of racing on her sack around the palace - lucky… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Princess BMX by Marie Basting
- Short Review - In the age of increasing environmental awareness this is an absolute joy of a book. The story of Sorrel and the "Surprising Seeds" she finds in her back garden. Seeds which struggle to sprout until she sprinkles them on her head - before she knows it the whole town is growing… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Bloom by Nicola Skinner
Bad Nana: All the Fun of the Fair Bad Nana: All The Fun of the Fair is the second book in the Bad Nana series by superstar author and illustrator, Sophy Henn. This new laugh-out-loud story follows Jeanie and Bad Nana on their annual family trip to the town fair and is gorgeously illustrated in… Continue reading COMPETITION TIME!
Amy was upset. She’d been told off for asking too many questions. They were visiting the Tower of London and Amy wanted to know all about it. Eventually the teacher had told her to be quiet and she had run off, so nobody would see her crying. She kicked a mound of earth in front… Continue reading FICTION: The Head by Joseph Surtees
- Short Review - The chances are that anyone considering "Bedlam" is already familiar with the Skulduggery Pleasant series. This epic volume gives us more of the same mix of humour, magic and in-fighting that we're used to. In amongst trying to protect us mortals from an attack this instalment also sees Valkyrie trying to… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Bedlam by Derek Landy
- Short Review - A charming tale to celebrate 30 years of Percy the park keeper and his animal friends. They're all enjoying a game of hide 'n' seek one day but fox is struggling to find a good hiding place. When he breaks the rules and enters Percy's workshop he comes to a sticky… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: One Springy Day by Nick Butterworth