- Short Review - In the age of increasing environmental awareness this is an absolute joy of a book. The story of Sorrel and the "Surprising Seeds" she finds in her back garden. Seeds which struggle to sprout until she sprinkles them on her head - before she knows it the whole town is growing… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Bloom by Nicola Skinner
Bad Nana: All the Fun of the Fair Bad Nana: All The Fun of the Fair is the second book in the Bad Nana series by superstar author and illustrator, Sophy Henn. This new laugh-out-loud story follows Jeanie and Bad Nana on their annual family trip to the town fair and is gorgeously illustrated in… Continue reading COMPETITION TIME!
Amy was upset. She’d been told off for asking too many questions. They were visiting the Tower of London and Amy wanted to know all about it. Eventually the teacher had told her to be quiet and she had run off, so nobody would see her crying. She kicked a mound of earth in front… Continue reading FICTION: The Head by Joseph Surtees
- Short Review - The chances are that anyone considering "Bedlam" is already familiar with the Skulduggery Pleasant series. This epic volume gives us more of the same mix of humour, magic and in-fighting that we're used to. In amongst trying to protect us mortals from an attack this instalment also sees Valkyrie trying to… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Bedlam by Derek Landy
- Short Review - A charming tale to celebrate 30 years of Percy the park keeper and his animal friends. They're all enjoying a game of hide 'n' seek one day but fox is struggling to find a good hiding place. When he breaks the rules and enters Percy's workshop he comes to a sticky… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: One Springy Day by Nick Butterworth
- Short Review - A cracker of a story, based in World War One, which tells the tale of women's football at the time. Lily, aged 14, lives with her Dad and has started working as a munitionette in the local arsenal (having lied about her age). The factory has a women's team, which… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: Lily and the Rockets by Rebecca Stevens
- Short Review - A brilliant romp of a tale which seamlessly blends Greek Mythology with the Roman Empire. What emerges is a classic adventure which sees two slaves set off on a quest to track down the location of the fabled Golden Fleece. Can they find it before the Emperor Nero's henchmen? If you… Continue reading BOOK REVIEW: In The Shadow Of Heroes by Nicholas Bowling